COLD STORAGES & THE COLD STORAGE SYSTEM
Definition of cold storage
Cold storages are spaces with insulation structure and equipped with air conditioning system and gas distribution system to keep products that need to be stored at low temperatures.
Cold storage should be designed to ensure the following criteria:
- Satisfy the product storage requirements (temperature, humidity, gas concentration, etc.)
- Distribute the temperature and humidity evenly as well as minimize product loss.
- Modularization (standardization)
- Capable of highly mechanizing and loading/unloading products.
- Economically effective
Cold storage classification
- Processing cold storage: Is a part of a food processing plant where products are cold-processed and then transferred to the next stages, cold storage, distribution warehouse, refrigerated transport vehicles, etc.
- Distribution cold storage: Used to preserve and regulate various products throughout the year (3 to 6 months) and used for residential units. Most products have been cold-processed. It is of large capacity including specialized multi-purpose warehouse.
- Transit cold storage: Usually located at intersections, used for short-term preservation of products before export or after import. It can be combined with the distribution cold storage.
- Commercial cold storage: Used for short-term preservation of food that is about to be consumed. This type of cold storage is sually located in supermarkets, markets and small residential clusters. The small ones are commercial refrigerators. The preservation time is from 10 to 20 days.
Now reading over 20 items that can be stored in cold storage!
- Transport cold storage: Refrigerated vehicles, refrigerated trains, refrigerated ships, refrigerated aircrafts, refrigerated containers, etc. are used to transport frozen goods between stages of the cold chain.
- Daily cold storage: Small cold storages of restaurants, hotels, cafés, freezers, etc. This is the last link of the cold chain.
See more cold storage rental service at Nam Ha Noi cold storage company!
Cold room classification
- Cold storage rooms: Warehouse with the temperature from 15+5°C and humidity 85+95% used to preserve fresh vegetables. Products can be in packages. Warehouse with the temperature from -1.5+0°C and humidity 90+95% used for pre-cooling and temporary preservation of meat and fish or for preserving some low heat-resistant vegetables. Products can be in packages.
- Freeze storage rooms: The temperature is from -18+-25°C humidity from 80+95%, used to preserve all kinds of products after freezing.
- Multi-purpose storage rooms: (-12°C), depending on product requirements, the temperature can be adjusted up to 0°C or down to -18°C.
- Cooling rooms (5+-5°C): Used to cool products from the environment temperature down to the required cold preservation temperature, or pre-cool in 2-phase freezing.
- Freezing rooms: used to freeze different types of products. Single-phase freezing with in room temperature is the product temperature in the environment (37°C), 2-phase freezing temperature is 4°C. The product leaves the freezing room at a temperature of -12°C to -18°C in center and 25+-30°C on the surface.
- Loading and unloading room (0°C): Serving unloading/loading the freezing and cooling rooms
- Ice storage rooms (-4°C): Used to store reserve ice with the capacity is 5 to 30 times the capacity of the ice tank
- Cold processing rooms (10°C - 18°C): used to prepare products
NAM HA NOI COLD STORAGE
Address: Quat Dong Industrial Cluster, Thuong Tin District, Ha Noi (located on the old National Route 1A)
Hotline: 0772.84.9999Email: email@example.com